I was listening to a friend bemoan the lack of romance in her relationship, and it got me thinking. Is there a simple checklist of things you can do to keep the spark alive? The answer is simple: yes.
Five easy, non-expensive ways to show your partner that you still think the sun rises and sets on them. Taking your partner for granted is not unusual when you’ve been together for a while. Occasionally, it doesn’t hurt to throw some extra effort into the mix.
1. Hold their hand. Watching TV, in the car, walking down the street. Pick the right time, reach out, and hold hands.
2. Kiss. Been at work all day? Get home and have a smooch. It can even be a light peck.
3. Call. Pick your time and call your partner just because you want to hear their voice. It might be a thirty-second call, but isn’t it nice to know someone is thinking of you?
4. Surprise! Bring them a small gift. Something they like, maybe a food item like chocolate or ice-cream. It doesn’t have to be expensive, but it does have to be thoughtful. Don’t go for the generic.
5. Say I love you. Sometimes we forget that words are important, too.